Friday, July 21, 2006

Rent a Cottage

A few years ago I was helping a friend to rent a cottage on a large lake in the Kawarthas area. The waterfront was alright, set into a small bay so there would be little watercraft disturbance during the day. The decking area was lovely with a south-westerly aspect. So far, so good, until I walked inside.

Damp smelling, dark and dismal are some of the more complimentary adjectives to describe this place. The furniture would probably not even sell at a yard sale. While some might call it “lived-in,” I’d prefer to call this place downright dirty. “Used” was probably the most kind way to describe the bathroom. Ultimately, the minus points were just too many to describe and I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked away. What did worry me was that it rented for just under $900 per week in the summer with a cottage rental agency and it was described as “rustic, with a true cottage-y feel.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?